1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ceased Cylinder

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by hblandscaping27, Jan 4, 2009.

1. hblandscaping27

hblandscaping27 Junior Member

I have a 6 /12 Meyer plow that is firmly stuck to the left. Through the course of this year, the plow has been having spuratic small episodes of having difficulties returning to the right. After much troubleshooting, I finally dissassembled everything, including the hoses, and the a frame still would not move from the stuck position. I am thinking that the left cylinder has ceased...although now that I am thinking about it, I didn't remove the quick cupler on the right cylinder, so if for some odd reason it was filled with fluid it wouldn't be able to release the pressure...hmm...well nonetheless, any ideas? I am about to go and push it up against a tree to get it unstuck...:confused:

2. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

3. hblandscaping27

hblandscaping27 Junior Member

Thanks Dude, so was that saying that it is a bad coupler disconnect?

4. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Yes his prob was the coupler but yours might be the valve. Connect the 2 rams together and raise the plow you should be able to move the plow by hand the default for the meyer is to angle left when pump is energized. It could be some other things but try that first.Can get you the trouble shooting guide or stop by the meyers site.

5. fordsuvparts

fordsuvparts Senior Member

Check your C coil, it is the one with the green wire, I had the same problem and replaced it and it works perfect now.