1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cb radios

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BOSS Adam, Aug 18, 2001.

1. BOSS Adam

BOSS Adam Guest

Is anyone out there using cb radios? Do they work well and if so which brand would be the best. I've been looking at the Cobra ones and those look very nice! Any other information I am forgetting to put down please reply!

2. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

CB's are a common form of communication between plowers during a storm.

Just like other accessories, you can spend a lot, or a little - depending upon your desired results.
  3. Taconic

Taconic PlowSite.com Veteran

CBs are a good source of communications over short distances,such as in a shopping plaza .If you decide to go down that road look at the units which have a weather band or NOAH weather system channel.Usually this option does not increase the price that much.
    John Parker
  4. BOSS Adam

BOSS Adam Guest

alright thanks for your help
  5. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Cobras are a good unit (used a 21 LTD back when I was truckin') and you can get the weatherband feature in some of their higher models. I don't think you'll go wrong if you choose Cobra, but in my experience most CB's you can buy will work well for you - the majority of that sort of electronic stuff seems pretty evenly matched nowadays.

Don't forget about the antenna - it's every bit as important as the radio itself! IMO, best place for the antenna is up on the roof, I'd suggest a good magnet-mount so you can remove it if required - up on the hoist for the lube/oil/filter for example.