1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

CB Radios

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Wesley's Lawn, Dec 27, 2003.

?

DO you have a CB in you truck?

1. Yes

29 vote(s)
    53.7%
  2. No

25 vote(s)
    46.3%
  1. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

Hey Guys not sure if this is in the right thread but I was just wondering if any of you have CB radios in your trucks or other vehicals. I have onei n my truck and two whips on my mirors. I like having one there pretty fun and also very useful for findout what traffics like and what not. Last night me and about 10 other guys were out till 3:00 am playing CB tag lol.

2. rainair

rainair Senior Member

nextel V CB

I have nextels for all my crews, I can talk to just 1 operator or just my crew leaders or I can talk to all and keep others from hearing where I am sending a plow

3. acornish

acornish Senior Member

yea we use nextels too-- but we use the cb's on the road to see where acc. are

4. haligan125

haligan125 Member
    from Maine

we use GMRS radios you know the little ones, and we also have our Fd pagers and radios as we are all on the FD

5. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

We use nextels, cb radio's would just be somthing else to have to mount inside the truck and get in the way.

6. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Lets see.... CB's & GMRS & FRS & nextels & hand signals and.....yep, we use them all and :eek: wow does it get confusing at times. Oh ya, then the cell phone rings :realmad:

7. bluenite608

bluenite608 Member

same here, nextels are the way to go. However that C B can be entertaining at times.:nod:

8. tovoninc

tovoninc Senior Member

My CB's have a weather band so I keep them in the trucks for that reason only. Not much use otherwise since the invention of the cell phone.

9. rainair

rainair Senior Member

weather ch.

I have a scanner in my truck [spent 10 years in the Fire service] so I can listen to the Sheriff and OSP or the countyand twp crews too. that gives me an idea what is really going on with the storm