1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cb mount question

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Scenic Lawnscape, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape Senior Member

I want to mount my cb in the overhead area but I have a 99 f-350 and there is no console. What kind of ideas have you seen or heard as to mounting a cb there.

I am going to take down the headliner to run the coax, and I am also going to run all the wires for my strobes and light bar up there, and mount the switch's on either a piece of aluminum angle or some Plexiglas and attach it to the bottom of the radio and have the wires run up the back of the radio into the headliner.

This way everything is out of the way

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

There is better places to run your strobes and electric wring, namely under the dash from your control box, down the corner trim on the drivers side to the mud runner (Door plate) out the back. There is a rubber socket area at the back of your cab where you can run out the lines under the bed or to the back rack area. If you have an ext cab, you may ned to remove the back seat, cab corner trim, and the back splash trim to get at it, but it is the BEST way to run aux. wiring out the back of the truck. As far as the coax, if your mounting the antenna in the roof, then yes, thats the best place, I rigged my Wrecker like that, down to the front of the liner over by the sunglass pouch to the pillar cap then down under the dash. I mounted my Two way down towards the floor by attaching it to the trim just to the left of the ash tray, looking up at me with a slight angle. Depending on what model CB you have they tend to be a bit bigger, but that is my area preference in radio mounting. I have also seen them on the top of the dash, over the radio....You can still bring the coax down the pillar, but this time you can tuck it between the windshield and the dash, the power can be run under the dash then up the pillar and then tucked between the dash and windshield again. Depending on the condition of your truck, you can choose to use a good 3M Velcro or double sided tape for the mount to the dash, that way there is no holes. If you didn't get a mount kit with your CB, they do sell them.

3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I wanted to do that in my 06 F250 but couldn't find anything to attach it to without collapsing the head liner. Check out JC Whitnney they might have an aftermarket overhead console. PM me if you find anything, I still want to do this.:waving: