1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cautions of puting a plow on a lifted truck.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 1BadHawk, Nov 14, 2004.

1. 1BadHawk

1BadHawk Member

What should be considered when puting a plow on a truck which has been lifted?

2. gpin

gpin Senior Member

BadHawk: Try the search function. This topic has been discussed before and I'm sure you'll get good info on this thread but past threads are full of good advice.

3. grotecguy

grotecguy Senior Member

The biggest thing I can see is to make sure the quadrant and A-frame are as close to level with the ground as they can be.
    I have 2 trucks at my disposal. A 1 ton and a 1/2 ton, both Dodges set up almost identical. I prefer the 1/2 ton as it sits a lot lower to the ground. I seem to be able to judge distances a lot better closer to the ground.

Do a search, there is a lot of discussion on this topic,
    Mark K

4. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

You have to make sure that the bracket sits low enough that when you drop the plow, it hits the ground. I've seen guys who lifted their trucks and the plow's lift cylinder wasn't long enough for it to touch the ground.

5. 1BadHawk

1BadHawk Member

From the searching I did. apparently theres no problems puting a plow with a body lift. but like someone said, a suspension lift causes the frame to be lifted as well, thus raising the height of the plow. Not to mention the size of the tires. Well noted. Thanks.