1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Caution light

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DJ Contracting, Mar 1, 2007.

1. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

OK i have a inexpensive rotator caution light that i bought from TSC two years ago this is the one that looks similar to a tear drop, anyway the light bulb went out and i replaced it with a standard automotive style bulb (the bulb is a small style 1156 or as on the package 97 bulb). So here is my problem it just does not seem to be as bright as the original one and i can't seem to find if a higher watt bulb, the one i took out had this on the side 12V20WATT. So are these bulbs different than a standard automotive bulb, and where can I get one?

2. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Go back to TSC and ask them, they should be able to help you better. Or maybe if you get a blue vision style, if they make them. I'm not sure if they do.

3. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

Yeah they a bit different, but Napa or Carquest has them, may need to order, but they carry them. Might be 5-10 bucks though. Take the old one with you.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  4. DJ Contracting

I went there the said that there should be a replacement bulb under the amber cover however mine did not have one. Whats a blue vision style?

5. DJ Contracting

I'll have to go to Carquest tomorrow.

6. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

I had to get an odd one for my light and my carquest guy had if for me in a couple days.

7. DJ Contracting

Cool

Alright I'll try tomorrow right now I going to bed, we plowed all day with this storm that came through and we have to go clean up @ midnight. Thanks for the help.

8. firelwn82

There a brighter light out put bulb, mostly for head light and fog light aps, but I have seen them for blinker and marker lights also. Oh yeah stop rubbing in your snow storm. All we got out of it was ice and rain. We have an inch or so of sluch on the ground, good enopugh to push one of the accounts but it doesn't count. :cry:

9. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

We got nothing but rain from this one. But I did get to go to the Cleveland Car Show.

10. DJ Contracting

We got 2.5 inches during the day (started @ about 9:45 AM - 11:30 AM) so we had to plow while business were open and i hate that, but you have to take when you can right.

11. firelwn82

I second that one for sure

12. DJ Contracting

It's been a pretty good week here we plowed Monday Tuesday salted Wednesday and plowed Thursday so all and all it's been good payup considering the slow start :realmad: we got this year.

13. firelwn82

OK DJ I have heard enough seriously STOP IT. I'm already depressed do you want me to???????? lol kiddin JOKE

14. DJ Contracting

Sorry :waving: i thought you guys got hit with the same storm but now reading your other post i see it was mainly rain and ice with very little snow to push, anyway keep your head up spring is coming soon and i'll say no more about( oh there i go again).
    Thanks for the help with the light.

15. firelwn82

Yeah we didn't get anything out of it. Those damn forecasters can........ Oh never mind its like talking to a brick wall. lol I was just having fun with you DJ but I'm sure you know this.

16. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

firelawn, you need to get into the salt buisness. I was bummed by the lack of snow we got after all of the forecasts we were given over the past week. While we only scraped a little snow and sluch we have salted 6 times since last sunday. I know it isn't the same as a good clean snowfall. Your stuff gets trashed but it is good easy money! Lets hope for one last blast !!!

17. DJ Contracting

Yeah i could tell you were just messing around, and i hear you about forcasters. I don't know if you watch any of the local ones like (wnem 5 weyi 25 and whatever chanel 12 is) but i like the way M Toragrossa from 25 does his forcast, the guys from news 5 still need to learn how to read their computer models.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2007
  18. firelwn82

Magna your right but I want to get a beater truck when I do this. This next year I will probably be doing the salting thing along with all the other plowers out there. I just don't want my truck to rot away, its still a nice truck and I want to keep it that way for a while. I do a little salting but its done by hand. I lost a-lot of money this year and it wont happen next year, SALT SALT SALT. lolpayup

19. firelwn82

DJ atleast there are 2 of us that can joke. lol. Did you get anything today? I plowed a little bit today, just drifting snow for the most part but its still a push so I can't complain.

20. DJ Contracting

Nothing today and it looks that way for awhile, which is fine. My wife asked me if we were getting any snow tonight because she did not want to get stuck with all the company coming over tonight for the UFC, as far as joking I'm easy to get along with as it looks loke you are too.