1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Catalytic converters

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Midwest BuildIt Inc, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

The exaust shops all wanted $1000 plus to do this. Took me 4 hours and $150 in my drive way..

IMG_0362.JPG

2. Midwest BuildIt Inc

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

IMG_0363.JPG

3. JMR

JMR Senior Member

Looks like probably a Ford setup. $1000 sounds a little steep. We would probably be 500-600 depending on the exact application. $150 and your time sounds about right for a DYI job. Nice work. :)

4. Midwest BuildIt Inc

it is a 95 dodge ram v10, i about had a heart attack when they said how much they wanted. especialy when i can do it myself. 2 High Flow Catco converters (ebay $40ea plus shipping)and some pipe and clamps from autozone. $ 150 + pat on back for money saved = three cuts to hand , small welding burn on neck and a job well done.

5. V10SCOTTY

V10SCOTTY Member
    from Ontario

DO YOU FIND THAT YOUR DODGE V10 SEEMS TO EAT CATALYTIC CONVERTERS.I'VE REPLACED MINE TWICE NOW IN THE LAST YEAR IT TAKES ONLY A MONTH AND THEY RATTLE OR VIBRATE LIKE CRAZY.MY TRUCK IS IN GREAT RUNNING ORDER SO I'M NOT LOADING THEM UP WITH RAW FUEL OR ANYTHING.HMMM I DUNNO ITS A REAL HEAD SCRATCHER.HELP! :help:

6. b2driver

b2driver Member
    from MD

Any chance that truck is running rich and causing it to eat the converter? Are you sure the rattling isn't from a heat shield?

7. Midwest BuildIt Inc

My truck had the originals still. 155,000 miles