1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

CAT Telehandeler movin some snow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by LeadDogg, Dec 26, 2008.

1. LeadDogg

LeadDogg Junior Member
    from NH

here are a few pics of the cat. its a th103. we have two of them and they are used for almost everything we can think of. its primarily used for moving lumber and unloading trucks but we plow and do snow removal with them also. here are a few action pics from moving the snow that came off the roof last night.

Camera Phone 008.jpg

Camera Phone 009.jpg

2. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

That thing is nice....now for the smart a%% comment....is that thing for people who don't want to get close to there work? lol.....seriously, that is nice....you'll be able to pile snow nicely....across the street, the ditch, the lawn...etc.

3. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

sweet. i always wondered how well one of them would plow snow. imagine how high that would stack with a V plow ....... :p

4. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

Come on now be nice. Haven't you ever seen a telehandler on a job site, more people refer to them as a LULL(made by JLG). All the major equipment manufactures make them. It's amazing what you can do with these machine they are extremely versatile on job sites. Most have the ability to level the load, steer both set of wheels independently, side shift a load, etc. I can't figure out why people don't plow with them more, i'd stick a big pusher on the front of one.

[​IMG]

5. LeadDogg

LeadDogg Junior Member
    from NH

i use this machine everyday and i dont know what i would do without it. as for the plowing i use a 12' blade. i chose the blade over a pusher because the lot we have is much easier with a plow. put the full angle on it and just keep drivin. its especially nice because i push off a large retaining wall and i never need to get close... boom out for the last 10 seconds of your push and you never need to come within 15 feet of the edge... its not entirely necessary but it makes life a little easier. i am curious how the machine would handle a pusher... i know it would do pretty well but i would love to give it a good test to see what it can really do. its 35,000 lbs and i run chains so i would imagine i would be surprised :)

6. LeadDogg

LeadDogg Junior Member
    from NH

mines almost as pretty as the one in the picture... thanks for making me look bad :)

7. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

There isn't anything wrong with yours....yours is really nice looking...I've used some that make yours look brand new....lol....we even use some to take down trees....that gets interesting some time....but you can move the logs nicely...

8. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

looks awesome, when i worked housing construction we would use those all the time to get trusses, plywood, and shingles up to the top of the house. i loved seeing them on the job site because i knew my back would feel a lot better at the end of the day not having to carry and send stuff up all day.