1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cat skid loader help needed

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by xtreem3d, Mar 2, 2015.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

Hi Guys,
    I am borrowing a 2000-2003 Cat 226 from a friend. My guys hooked a jump box to the battery backwards and now there is no electric to the dash. The lights still work. I looked at the fuse panel to the right of the seat inside the cab but the fuses look good . I replaced the 3 relays just in case...still no power. any ideas before I have to have a service call from Cat,
    Steve

2. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

should be one of the fuses in the back of the machine somewhere in the engine bay

3. xtreem3d

I looked for fuses but did not raise the radiator up. could there be a 40 or 60 amp breaker somewhere? I will flip up the radiator and take a look,
    Steve

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Should be a main circuit breaker by the fuse panel or by the battery

5. xtreem3d

Thanks guys..found the 60 amp breaker....never good when your loader craps with a freezing rain alert :angry: