1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by illiniplower, Sep 5, 2008.

1. illiniplower

illiniplower Member

Have a question for all you pros out there? I have a 310E JD hoe and a 928 CAT Loader I landed a pretty nice large account and am thinking of buying a pushbox. However I can't decided what I want to put it on. I am thinking the CAT with a 14ft ProTech push box. Then I could still use my Deere to stack with. Basically I would just use the CAT at the school parking lot then at the church parking lot where everything is open with nothing to get in the way. Anyone have an idea for me let me know
  2. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I would say the other way around. You can put a decent size pusher on a backhoe and use the Cat for stacking. It will push alot more snow up onto a pile than a 310 will. And if worse comes to worse, use the Cats regular bucket for pushing too. JMO:nod:
  3. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

i was thinking the same thing as no fear if something happens to the 310 you could still use the pusher on the cat
  4. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

maybe just get the pusher with a bucket mount, not the dirrect SS mount, that way you can go eighter way
  5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

He's not even using a SS, so why would he get that mount?
  6. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Yah, I agree with the others, get a push box for the backhoe. If something goes wrong you can always throw it on the loader. jmo
  7. illiniplower

illiniplower Member

Thanks for the advice I'll just look into getting one and if I do then maybe switch it back and forth and see what I like better. With the backhoe I know just driving down the road bounces so bad and I would have to drive about 8 miles from the two locations didnt know how well it would ride, but its all trial and error. Thanks again
  8. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

JD Dave- Some people feel the need to comment on everything whether they know about it or not. We are not all as wise as you! Maybe someday, but until then I will stick to chiming in on what I know about. Hopefully others may take note.

Illiniplower- I too agree with 12' bucket mounted for the backhoe and always have the ability to use it for the loader or just use the loader bucket for stacking. It is probably bigger than the backhoe bucket anyway isn't it?
  9. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

yes i read the statement wrong , i thought he was ruffeuring to a SS, with a JD combination..

my mistake
  10. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

If It's not a CAT it must be a DOG!:)
  11. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

If it was me I would either get a 12 foot or 14 foot pusher for a backhoe and throw it on either machine. I work with some guys that use 14 foot backhoe pushers on thier loaders and then the next year throw it on thier backhoe for a different job. I think DLC used a 12 foot loader pusher on thier 310 a couple of years ago and that worked also so that might be a way to go too. I dont know from personal experience but the 14 foot might be to big for a 310. I have used my 10 foot compact pusher on any thing I can get my hands on and it nice to have a in between size that is flexable with what ever gets thrown at you.
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  12. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

12' backhoe model so you can use it on both if needed.
  13. digit

digit Member

I like running the loaders better for visibilty. Some loader model pushers have higher sides than the backhoe model.
  14. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

what brand of pusher are you looking at?.