1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cat in a chevy?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by CityGuy, Jan 28, 2009.

1. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Just got off the phone with my mechanic and he was telling me that he heard that GM is looking into putting a Cat diesel into the 2011 GM trucks. Anyone else heard anything about this?
  2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Not likely since Cat quit building on road engines

DIESEL PLOWER Junior Member
    from PA

your mechanic must be living in the past cat has just about stop building motors now there using up all the ones they have there done with the on road motors after 2010 they are going to build a truck with a Navistar maxxforce motor in it.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Exactly, I think your mechanic inhaled too many exhaust fumes.
  5. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

Not likely..........
  6. 3500DIESEL

3500DIESEL Member
    from PA

yea i dont see how cat would put a motor in chevys unless its the 15liter maxxforce international is going to come out with in the up coming years its supose to be a C15 cat with internaitonal EPA systems. other then that I dont think chevy would go for an out sorce for a motor the Dmax is made in house and they have been testing a 6.9 Dmax for 2010 numbers are supose to be 425hp and 720lb ft of torque this is what ive read.
  7. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Time to get a new mechanic.

By the way, when he tells you Ford owns Cummins, that's wrong too!
  8. 3500DIESEL

3500DIESEL Member
    from PA

I hate when people say that ford never owned cummins they just had a few shares in cummins not enough to have any say over things though.
  9. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

I know. It was 10%. You know what, any moron can go buy shares in Cummins. Who cares.
  10. 3500DIESEL

3500DIESEL Member
    from PA

LOL you said it.