1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cat filters? worth the price?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by tiestick, Feb 28, 2008.

1. tiestick

tiestick Junior Member

Are Catapillar filters worth the price or will other brands work just as well, like Napa? Let me know, Napa is going to have a sale on filters and will be making a big order.

We have cat engines in our dump trucks. Of course, the Cat salesman says they are the best. I need other opinions. Thanks Mike

2. yancy

yancy Senior Member

When we had a cat in the semi we ran Fleetgard

3. yancy

yancy Senior Member

look and see who makes cat filters they might be done 3rd party like NAPA filters are made by WIX might be able to find cheeper ones that way just an idea

4. Spitz

Spitz Senior Member

I'd just be looking at micron size, if they are the same pull the trigger.

5. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

cat does not make their own filter,donaldson ,wix, or fleetgaurd they are all about the same and alot less then cat filters

6. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Your salesman is dead-on.Nobody makes better filters than Cat.I run Napa Gold/Wix for all my equipment,both on and off road except my little kitty kat 3126 in my Chevy dump.If you just look externally at Cat's vs. brand X,you will see a difference in quality.And for what it's worth,a fellow excavator by me runs all Cat iron using all Cat filters.When 1 of their engines went south,their service rep. noticed all their shelves stocked with Cat branding---even though that engine wasn't warranted anymore,he authorized a full rebuild on the house.