1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

CAT D7 Stuck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by kcress31, Oct 20, 2009.

1. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

We were trying to finish a logging rd yesterday and our dozer operator decided to make a new trail.

jcc oct 19 006.jpg

jcc oct 19 007.jpg

jcc oct 19 008.jpg

2. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

More D7 pictures and a few of our new used screening plant on site.

jcc oct 19 011.jpg

jcc oct 19 012.jpg

jcc oct 19 014.jpg

3. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I have worked for a excavation company and I think we have had everything stuck at one time or the other. I know how bad it sucks when stuck out in the middle of the woods.

4. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Ooooooopssss!! What did/will you use to get that thing out?

5. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

We will be using an excavator to try and get it out this morning. I hope I can get more pictures.

6. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Looks like the beautiful woods of Thunder Bay we call home 10 days a year in October. Where are you from? Whats the moose population like there?

7. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

That looks like it should be fun to get out!

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

If I were closer, I'd bring my 3/4 ton GMC over. Have her out in a jiffy.:laughing::laughing:

Thats sucks, but looks like it should come out OK. Looks like he stopped as soon as she went through. Rather than trying to get out and digging in deeper.

9. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

Get a Komatsu dozer, that will get it out

10. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

A Cat D7 weighs about 55,000 lbs. A Komatsu D21-A weighs 7,500 lbs and has 40 hp.

Hmmmmm

11. T&M SnowMan

T&M SnowMan Senior Member

after seeing that I gotta dig through my army pics, I got a D7G stuck pretty damn good...if I can find the pic I will post it...my whole right side track was sucked under...took another D7 with about 50ft of winch cable to pull it out...good times..haha

12. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Hmm, I could have sworn you just mentioned that whimpy 3/4 ton to pull a d7? Hmm! :laughing::laughing:

13. campkd6

campkd6 Senior Member

I could bring this.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  14. T&M SnowMan

T&M SnowMan Senior Member

I should put a pic of the HETT I drove in the army...all the trailer tires turn when you cut the wheel, hauls all the tanks, and larger construction equipment...I got some diggin thru pictures to do

15. campkd6

campkd6 Senior Member

Thats the small machine PC300 I weigh 117,000 lbs with that on the deck 11' 6" wide. Can't move the PC400 not enough axles.

16. big pusher

big pusher Senior Member
    from ohio

That was my first thought that you would probably need at least a 400 class hoe to get that out. Another foot or so and the cab door would not have opened.

17. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

I'm from Marathon. The dozer was working about 50 kms west of Marathon and about 70km north of the highway. There are quite a few moose around here but I swear I saw about 50 hunters for every moose. We were lucky and got it out with an excavator yesterday. Luckily the operator knew when to stop before he got into to much trouble.

18. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Any pics of the recovery?

19. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

That tractor is an easy recovery, was the operator not paying attention to where he was going? Looks like it could have been avoided, but it's hard to tell unless your the one in the cab.

The best way to retrieve a stuck piece of equipment is a fully loaded rock truck such as a Cat 769 or 773. Throw on about 40 ton on the back of one, go hook onto the stuck machine and give it a pull. Seen it done different times, even when a 980 Cat couldn't budge it

20. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Is this one big enough?:D

komatsu super dozer.jpg