1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cat back ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 1 bad bolt, Jul 26, 2009.

1. 1 bad bolt

1 bad bolt Member

has anyone used the summit brand cat back systems before? there a little over $200 and was wondering how they are compared to the name brand systems that sell for $350. plus.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I've installed a few of Summit's in house branded exhaust systems and their fit, finish, and sound was as good as any of the other big name brands. And rightfully so since the Summit in house exhaust kits are simply manufactured by one of the other name brand boys.
  3. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

i got my cat back for may truck of ebay for 190 and its a flow master 2.5inch cat back, nothing special but it does the trick. very fast shipping as well!
  4. coostv

coostv Junior Member

I have never used the Summit system, but I did use one from Jegs. I would imagine the quality is about the same. The Jegs system had really nice bends and the sound was okay. I prefer a tinny sound like Flowmaster, the muffler in the Jegs kit sounded like any other regular turbo muffler on the market (cherry bomb, thrush, etc). The kit I used was a single into the muffler and dual out under the bumper.

I have a Gibson system with headers and no cats on my Tahoe. I really like the sound, but it was expensive (for the previous owner).