1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cat Back system choice

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by dsrour, Jan 12, 2003.

1. dsrour

dsrour Junior Member

Looking for recommendations for cat back system for my 98 Suburban 454.
  2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Stainless or aluminized pipe will last longer in salty conditions. I do most of my own work, but sometimes prefer to have things done. I hate doing exhaust work, but still do it most of the time. When i had my exhaust redone two years ago, i used an Edelbrock RPM catback. I would suggest having it custom bent, you can add all your own goodies that the prebent kits may not include. (spare tire clearance, angled exit pipes, tips, etc) Either way it is wotrh the money for stainless materials, However i do not reccoment Borla systems. Banks has a few nice kits, and we all know Gale Banks knows his stuff...:drinkup: I have heard nothing but good thing about Banks products, the saying holds true that "you get what you pay for"