1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cat/Asv durability???????????? Plowing?????????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PLANET, Nov 23, 2006.

PLANET Member

How's them Cat Mtls treating everybody???????? Would U buy again????????:waving:
  2. Fusion Fab

Fusion Fab Junior Member

Well........... To start with I had a cat 236 wheel loader i picked up as a demo with 100 hours on it. had it for 2 years put 600 hours on it never a problem. Then i bought some ground that laid wet and kept getting it stuck so i traded it in on a used cat 257b with 1100 hours on it. Biggest mistake ive ever made. I put around 100 hours on it and tracks kept falling off. Come to find the idlers and tracks needed replaced. I did all the labor myself but parts from cat alone set me back almost 8000.00. So if i can give my two cents, buy new and take very good care of it or buy a wheel loader. But they do do excellent in the snow.