1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cat 924H with 20ft Pusher doing what it does best!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by flairlandscape, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Here is what I plow with. As stated in the title, this is what it does best... cleanups the following night! I think the pusher is too big when pushing more that 3" but its great otherwise. Going out tonight to remove all the piles at this site..

IMG00092.jpg

IMG00094.jpg

IMG00095.jpg

2. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

Is that a Clintar sticker on the back side of the loader.It must really work hard on a 6 inch storm.

3. It is a Clintar sticker.. you know Chris from the ottawa clintar?

4. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

No I don't know anybody from them,I think they have only been in Ottawa for 2 yrs now,where are you in.

5. I'm from London. Chris used to be a manager at the London office but started up his own franchise in Ottawa. Are they as big of a deal in Ottawa as they are here?

6. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

I only seen a few pieces of equipment around town,I have talked to other contractors in the area and they say that they are taking every lot they can for very cheap,

7. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

That pusher is TOO big for that little Cat, I know one company that runs a Cat 966G with a pusher and the pusher is under 20 feet I think.

I live in Fredericton NB and there is a Clintar here, I alway's thought they were a local company, until now I know they are a chain like Walmart. And I guess they will under price there competetors like Walmart too huh. LOL

8. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

Yes I agree too that that pusher is to big,there is a contractor around here that uses about 13 of these loaders and they are equipped with 14 hydraulic plows man do they move lots of snow fast.
    Yes I would think that they under bid lots of accounts.:gunsfiring:

9. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

Recently quit plowing for our local Clintar,since this is a public forum I won't get into details on how they "operate" and I say that lightly.

Cat your dead on they are to a T what you call a "lowballer" and have nothing good to say about how they work not to mention how they screw their staff and don't pay employees (I'm owed over $500 sadly I'll never see it) now I dunno how they operate in Ontario but here and the sister office in Frederiction is a joke and wish they would cease operation.

I was told numerious times I "waste time on lots" thats ok but out of all the lots they do here in this city (over 90) my lots had 0 complaints the others are a laughing stock.

10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Hmmm, another large contractor--dare I say area management company--with one of those reputations, interesting to say the least. Believe they are a member of SIMA as well.

Sort of surprised that it doesn't work that well, I have a sub that uses and 18' on an old JD 524G and uses it no matter the accumulation. He's used it on over 12" before.

Maybe it's the operator????? My guy is good, real good.

11. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

I know first hand about Clintar, and the upper brass there-worked there when I got out of college. Wont discuss my first hand knowledge on a public forum either. Nothing seems to have changed since then. Heard through the grapevine Oakville went bust in the fall, and Scarborough just went bust last week.

12. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Are those some of their susidiaries? Or franchises?

13. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

Guess that is what happens when you put up xxxxxx amount of coin for a name then buy all new equipment and then cut the market to get the work.:nono:

14. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

I hear the London Ontario operation is huge they do a snow fighters convention up there every year hand out awards and teach classes for owners kinda like SIMA

But yeah they can afford it shovellers here get $8,operators got $12 those are top rates by the way lol :rolleyes:

15. JohnnyRoyale

Franchises (pipe dreams gone bad)

16. JohnnyRoyale

Well put. Its a volume based model. Glossy print ads, strength in numbers kinda BS. Corporate gets their 8% no matter how good or bad you do. There are some great franchises that have made tons of $$$, and are financially stable, but most are chasing the dragon.

17. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Clintar got the new Lowes in town. In the beginning they had to have one of the best lots. Now they only salt 1/2 the lot. The other 1/2 is still white. It is an uphill push. The part that is white will melt on the warm days and run to the part that is black. Lucky it has been pretty cold lately. They also have the largest lot in town.

18. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

I've talked to the head guy in Ottawa last year, & he said they don't sub-contract any work out. Its all their own equipment & staff. Also yeah they do have all new equipment... whats wrong with that? Anyone would love that!!! lol :cool: I've seen the new F-550 they have it's sweet! Theres a few companies in Ottawa that will run them for their money tho ( Munroe & Scullion & Gro Mo Sno)

BUT heres a "sneak peak" of Cre's newest Kubota member! LOL :cool: :waving:

DSCN2898.jpg

19. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

Scarb yard at Midland/Steeles looks pretty busy everytime I pass it on my way to my places down that way. Is that the franchise you're talking about?

20. JohnnyRoyale

Thats what I heard-but source spends lots of time looking at the bottom of a bottle... Huge recievership auction apparantly.