1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

CAT 924 Pics!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by flairlandscape, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Hey guys,

Here's what I've been plowing with this winter.. I don't own it though! Just plowing for someone else this winter.

Its a Cat 924 with a 20 ft pusher! Can plow a lot in one night, that's for sure.

Here she is:

P.S. I was just moving a snow pile in the second picture.. that's why its so packed

Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
  2. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

nice very nice, i still would rather own a Volvo
  3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

nice pics. from that 1st pic, it looks like thats a huge lot
  4. TEX

TEX Senior Member

thanks for the pics..........post up
  5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Thats a mean set-up! How many inches where on the ground for that picture?
  6. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Looks Great
  7. Redneck

Redneck Senior Member

That sure is a big lot!!
  8. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

Thats a big pusher for that little guy. Must be tough with heavy snow on a long push. Nice machine though. Push on...
  9. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

That lot looks like a beast! No way to use anything other than a CAT on it.wesport
  10. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Great looking pics. How's that cat handle the 20ft. in heavy snow?
    If it was only a Volvo..
  11. Thanks for the comments guys. It is a large pusher for the machine but handles it well, unless its a real heavy/wet storm, then its a little slow - other than that, I think the pair is pretty well matched.

Yes, it is a huge lot too - this machine strictly plows this property. Only time it goes off the lot is for fuel, and if we do removals.

Never operated a Volvo so I cant say much, but this Cat seems hard to beat!
  12. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

that CAT looks awsome, and that lot looks big
  13. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

id be filling this thing up with a truck tank just me thou. it wouldnt make sense to drive it to the gas station and back.
  14. There is a truck stop not even a minute down the road, and its a four lane road with wide shoulders so I don't need to disconnect the pusher. To make it even better, its a full service station so I don't even need to get out of the loader!
  15. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

haha alright then forget what i said cold night let them fill it up
  16. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

that's good too because your fuel will always be fresh! you better got out of your loader though to get a mountain dew....
  17. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

whys everyone want a vovlvo? Ive never seen guys wearing "volvo" shirts or hats and no one talks about "my volvo" its cat or john deere and thats it. Those are the "manly" machines if you can call it that :p am i missin something here?:confused:
  18. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I'd pick Cat over a Volvo.
  19. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Alright Ramair.. I'll give it to ya, nobody does wear Volvo diesel power shirts..
    I don't say it much, but I did have a 544G before the Volvo.
    Around WI I just like working with the dealer (Aring equipment) Excellent service and I do like the machines. But the 924 looks tough pushing snow.
  20. Updated: More Pics plus 2008 F550

Hey guys,

Was out again last night - had a pretty good hit, about 5-7 inches. Thought I'd snap a couple more pics since the company I plow for just picked up another F550. First time I've driven a Ford with the new diesel....all I can say is, wooow, what power, huge step up even from the last 6.0L's!wesportwesport