1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cat 902

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by turbo5560, Aug 6, 2008.

1. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

Has anyone seen or have a CAT 902 and used it to push snow? I have the possiblity to rent one for the winter with an 8' push box on it. Does it push snow good? Better then a pick-up truck? Anyone rented one and if so how much?
  2. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

8' sounds a little small. I know guys that use other brand machines that are comparable to the cat and use a 10 and 12 foot pushers. That machine was at the cat demo day and I tried it out and was very impressed by it.
  3. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

It is my understanding those Lil loaders suck for pushing snow. An 8' box would be tops for it. There power to weight ratio is just not there. They run out of power/traction real quick. There fine for light material moving but for snow and any kind of distance to push you will be disapointed. An 8k skid will out push it all day long. It will out stack the skid, but thats it.
  4. Bporter

Bporter Senior Member

I used one All last year...I have one of my large Properties with a 12' box it rocks no problems.
  5. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I use 2 Volvo L20B's with 12ft boxes. Love them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People that bash these small loaders are totally clueless and totally unimformed. I WILL take a small loader over a large loader any day!!!!!