1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cat 420Dit help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by pats plowing, Feb 18, 2013.

1. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

I have a 2005 Cat 420DIT backhoe. During the blizzard when the machine was being turned off it would continue running for several seconds before finally shutting off. I figured it was a fuel shut off solenoid. We replaced the solenoid and it is not the issue. Currently the machine will continue to run even after the key is turned to off. The power in the machine turns off but the engine continues to run at a very low idle. In order to kil the machine we have to turn the key back to auxillary power and move the loader arms to stall out the machine. Anyone have any ideas on what this could be before I continue buying useless parts at Cat? If anyone has had similar issues please let me know. Willing to pay for repair if anyone local has dealt with similar issues.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

you said you replaced the shut off solenoind,,,,,did you ck to see if your getting or loosing pwr at the shut off tho???