1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

CAT 420d

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Five Star Lawn Care LLC, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC Senior Member

Well i just signed a 5 month lease on a 2003 CAT 420 backhoe

Just wondering your thoughts on the unit?
    What size pusher i should start looking for?
    Im paying $975 a month....is that a good price?.....everything else im my area was anywhere between 1200-1700 a month for a comparable size

Any tricks i should know?

thanks in advance :salute:

everyones knowledge is always appreciated:nod:

2. js580sl

js580sl Junior Member

ALWAYS grease the front if it is an IT version. If you dont keep up on the greesing it gets very loose. Many moving parts makes for more wear and tear. Although I am not one for Cat Backhoes, Ive run a couple 420's and there are very powerful pushing machines and have very strong break out force. Personally I would not order a machine with the IT linkage but I have a buddy who has a 416CIT and swappin bucket to forks is great. the reason i say keep up on the greasing is because his guys abused the machine and it has taken a lot of wear and tear and at 4500 hours is in pretty bad shape.
    Just a word of advice, good luck.

3. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

That sounds reasonable, i just got a quote for a 5 month rental for a JCB 426 wheel loader of $2500. per month plus tax .up to 80hrs a month.

4. ThePlowKing

ThePlowKing Member

Where did you get that lease price. I've been pricing out 3-4 yd loaders in the NH seacoast area but in a price range of 3000-3800/ month?

Thanks,
    Brian