1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cat 277c track issue

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by rtreads, Apr 15, 2016.

1. rtreads

rtreads Junior Member
    from Denver

I have a new to me 2007 CAT 277c. I have noticed ever since we have taken it off of the trailer when we transported it here last week the tracks seam to be "cambered" leaning in at the top. Has anyone seen or dealt with this issue? How big of a deal is it?

Thanks guys!

2. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Have no idea, Can you post a pic? I have track machines but not a skid. When you say leaning do you mean leaning in toward machine? Did you grease them up and see if they look better?

3. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Pretty sure that's the way they are. I had a 267b that did the exact same thing as you're describing. I ran mine for 6 years or so and didn't have any issues

4. rtreads

rtreads Junior Member
    from Denver

I will attach a pic when I get back to my computer. I can't attach it from my phone.

5. 98Chevy2500

98Chevy2500 Senior Member

Our T180 and SL-75 do the same, thought something was wrong till I looked at a buddy's brand new T190, I guess they are built that way for tracking?

6. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

There you go OP, Don't sweat it.Thumbs Up

7. rtreads

rtreads Junior Member
    from Denver

Here art com pictures. You can see the top of the track at the cage is leaning in toward the cab. Is this normal? I can't see anything broken or bent at all.

-01.jpg

-02.jpg

8. 98Chevy2500

98Chevy2500 Senior Member

Both of our machines do the same