1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cat 272d or bobcat s750

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Broncslefty7, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Broncslefty7

Broncslefty7 Senior Member

i have two bobcats that are 26 years old, one is a 751 and one is an 863. i am starting to shop to replace the 863 and im looking at the cat 272d and the bobcat s750. both have their positives and negatives. we will monstly be using for general construction and snow in the winter. does anyone have any experience or feed back with either of these machines? i see when comparing specs, the 272d has the same horse power as the s850 but the bobcat is 2k pounds heavier. also bobcat switched to doosan diesel this year.

any feedback would be great.

Thanks fellas.
  2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Your choosing between the 2 best brand tire machines IMO. I'd go with whichever dealer you feel you'll get the best support from. For me, in my area, its Bobcat.

BTW, why are you looking at the S750, instead of the S770?
  3. Broncslefty7

770 typo my mistake. both dealers are literally next door to each other .3 miles away.
  4. cowbay

cowbay Junior Member

This one goes done to personal preference. I have owned both brands. While the bobcats served me well they just seem a little short behind the cat especially if you use a hammer on it like we do all of the non snow season. What really does it for me is the cat dealer has a better inventory and if they do not have the part in stock it is over nighted in automatically. The bobcat dealer by me is good but does not hold a candle in getting parts. So for my $.02 go with who has the better dealer support.
  5. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Cat service/parts department is absolutely unmatched in the industry. I'm confident in saying that as I have used them in 8 different states. That is why I am a complete Cat homer though
  6. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Both are great machines!! But I would argue that bobcats service is MUCH better. At bobcat when you spend 60k on a machine you are a good customer.. at cat when you spend 60k on a machine you are just a piss ant compared to the company that bought 19 graders. My service experiences with cat was HORIBLE.
  7. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

X2, I would also argue bobcat has much better sight lines on their machines, I couldn't see the ends of a 10' pusher on a cat skidsteer but on a bobcat you can see them clear as day
  8. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

X3...after having both.
  9. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

I've got a S750 and a 289D, same general machines that your looking at. The bobcat cab has better visibility, but everything else cat wins hands down. Only complaints I have about the cat is rear visibility and hooking up to attachments is a pain, they blocked the view of the quick tach partially, not a big deal just takes getting used to. But sit all day in a cat, and a bobcat and I feel better at the end of the day getting out of the cat.
  10. Broncslefty7

interesting, the bobcat i tested the other day seemed pretty comfortable. Mustang sales man just left my office, the 4000v weighs in at 11k lbs...... god dam