1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cat 262c and snow tire sizes?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by plowin-fire, Jan 29, 2015.

1. plowin-fire

plowin-fire Senior Member

Will 255/70r22.5 fit without touching the rear wheel well or does a guy have to run 245/70r19.5 size? If I measured correctly there is about a 1/4" clearance with the 22.5s. Anyone have pictures either way?

2. plowin-fire

No one has a Cat with snow tires?

3. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Go 2in larger than stock (overall diameter). You'll be good.

4. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

What rims are you using? I have a 262C and thought of snow tires but not spending 5k on snow wolf tires. How will the snow tires hold up to the sidewall flex when turning? I kinda like how to machine slides when turning with factory tires.

5. plowin-fire

We have new 12-16.5s on it now. They are 32" diameter. Wanting to run something taller. 245/70r19.5s are 34.5" tall and 255/70r22.5s are 36.5" tall. Local truck shop can get both sizes of wheels and will recap whatever size tire i want. Not sure why you would spend 5k on wolf paw tires. I was quoted $1100 for the 22.5s and thats with the HD rims that have fully welded centers. Westside tire sells them for 1400 or so.

6. brasski

brasski Member

Why are you making this so hard just call Westside tire and they will sell you the right size for your machine.

7. plowin-fire

They said either will fit. But the 22.5s have 1/4" or less of clearance. Wanted to see what other people have done before I buy.

8. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

will westside tire ship anywhere ? havent checked tire shop around here yet but seems they have alot of sales of these setups. Was size was the $1400 ?

9. Grassman09

$1400 for 4 rims and 4 tires? You bring them tires to re tread? What type of treads do they put on? Sounds really cheap. The price I got was from one of the Milton Cat stores in the USA. I think the snowwolf stuff has gone way up now that they have a name.

10. brasski

brasski Member

I checked with snow wolf and they didn't make a setup for my s750 because of the large hub but was told they weren't cheap.I called Westside and bought wheels and tires ready to bolt on shipped to NY for $1850 but that was also in July so supply and demand this time of year

11. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Any pics of the setup? They only recommend one tread pattern? or the have any different ones?

12. brasski

brasski Member

Got pics will have to figure out how to post but the one Westside sent me work great

13. Grassman09

Select "Go Advanced" at bottom of screen.

Another window open up to post in.

Top of the window there is a paperclip click on that.

Another window opens up and you can chose your files there.

14. Doug8949

Doug8949 Member

22.5 should fit your 262 cause westside tire said i can run them on my 242 just not sure if they are worth it i have seen wolf paws used but not to many 22.5

15. plowin-fire

Pushed 7" of snow today and definitely need more traction to push the 10ft Kage. Truck shop said they would mount up a 22.5 to try the fit. Will keep you posted.

16. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

Check the backspacing of the wheel, you will need around 6 inches of backspacing for 22.5's to work I'm guessing.