1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cat 262C & 272C Skid Steer owners

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Grassman09, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

How are you folks liking them any issues to be aware of? Can you lift a skid of wet clay sod with a 262C with counter weights off a flad bed?

Ho about those extreme duty tires they look like they just float in the snow and offer no traction? The Std industrial lug tires wold be better I think no?

Dave.

2. Greeneverywhere

Greeneverywhere Member

We have a 272C. Hands down,pushes and picks up much more weight than our NH 885. It's been a great machine so far. We have the Galaxy tires, which the dealer said is a better tire.

3. Grassman09

4. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

The 272 has a longer frame and longer loader arms it's also 90hp instead of 82hp. What are you running now? You are concerned about a pallet of wet sod?

5. Greeneverywhere

Greeneverywhere Member

I was amazed the other day when we moved number 2 stone with a yard and a half snow bucket. The machine went right into the pile, and was very stable, I have no idea what a yard and a half of that stone with aheavy bucket weighs, but I think the machine is rated at almost 4k pounds with the counterweights, I don't think the 262 would have much of a problem either. Also this machine has no problem with a 10 foot pusher, even in the 20 inch snow we got last month, I should have gone 12 footer.

6. Grassman09

Had a 246B but it got stolen. It had counter weights as well. I had a sod Job last year and the rear tires came off the ground a good 12" if not more. I also noticed when back filling a pool with clay it was a bit bouncy bouncy.

Sounds Impressive. 12' might be hard to move around from site to sight or tight stuff? At full throttle how many hours does a tank of fuel last you? 7 -8 hours max on my 246B.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  7. Greeneverywhere

Greeneverywhere Member

All our pushers stay on site. This machine works on a wide open lot. I think 25 gallons lasts around 7-8 hours at full throttle, but It has lasted more than 10 hours if you vary the throttle according to load.

8. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Hows the insurance coming on the Cat Dave?

Sounds like your interested in buying another skid I assume they came thru?

9. Grassman09

I am interested. They sure are handy to have, I miss having one. It sucks to have to shovel salt into the hopper when you only need a little bit vs fire up a machine and move on.

Leasing co and insurance are still working stuff out on there end and I'm still researching to make sure I don't get screwed. I forgot to tell them that my alpine stereo that was installed with gps nav satellite radio and amps with 4 mtx subs got stolen with it. LOL