1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cat 262 Push box or Snow bucket?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by rob1325, Dec 4, 2004.

1. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

I got a Cat 262 and can't decide to get a 8' push box or 94" or 100 " snow bucket. Is there a push box out there that you can also backdrag with. I saw protechs and avalanches snow pusher with bagdrag option, but is there any other company out there with a better combination of snow pusher/ back drag box together? Also, will this machine handle a snow bucket of this size? I have a condo with many driveways and areas where can't push the snow. I like the 8' so I can get into these areas. Any hands on recommendations appreciated. I'm also gonna put my old 8.5' Diamond plow on it to plow with also.

Thanks for help,

2. parrothead

parrothead Senior Member

i've gotthe same exact setup, a cat 262 with an 8' ffc pusher with the backdrag option. it is brand new, never used the pusher and i would be willing to sell it for 2200 dollars. i just need to get a bigger pusher for a wheel loader.
  3. jiriki87

jiriki87 Member

My vote is 1.5 CY bucket- this one is 108 inches wide. By the time the bucket is full and some snow in front of the bucket as well you start to spin the tires and loose traction.

Picture us in Snow plowing discussion - -A little pile of snow