1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cat 248b Skidsteer

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by WPG3UT, Jan 23, 2012.

1. WPG3UT

WPG3UT Junior Member

Looking for any reviews, comments, opinions of the 2007 Cat 248b Skid steer. I am upgrading from a John Deere 250. Anyone know of any know problems?

2. Mdwstsnow512

Mdwstsnow512 Senior Member

Cats are known for the gas pedal sticking. a couple hundred bucks at most.

you wont regret the switch.

3. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Ive got a 2002 248 (perkins engine)and a 2005 248b (mitz engine)...both are great machines with pleanty of power.... biggest thing like stated above are the throttle pedals sticking (Ive had to replace both throttle cables because fo this crappy design) but besides that they are great machines

4. WPG3UT

WPG3UT Junior Member

Hey Thanks for the reply, I have already noticed the throttle sticking and it has been previously replaced already.... Oh well there are worse repairs... I went from a John Deere 2002 250 to this 248b and the JD is not even close to being in the same league.. Thanks again.

5. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper Senior Member

I hear ya! Cats are in a league of their own above the rest. Just saying....... Thumbs Up

6. Laner

Laner Member
    from IA

I have a 2002 CAT 226B and really like it! The foot throttle on mine sticks also. Started doing that about 6 months after I bought it. I just use the side/edge of my boot to lift the pedal when I want it to slow down.
    I tried Bobcat and Gehl and sat in NH, JD, JCB and none of them compared to the feel of the CAT. Visibility to the bucket is good, don't feel cramped in teh seat, good power and pilot controls area SWEEEET!!!

7. WPG3UT

WPG3UT Junior Member

Ya it is good to own a Cat....

8. contractor078

contractor078 Senior Member

they are the way to go. i have a 05 236B and love it. they are great machines. Bobcats are nice but the CAT's are the shiznet!