1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cat 247b Price help

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by wakesetter2001, Oct 10, 2007.

1. wakesetter2001

wakesetter2001 Member

My question is what does anyone think about purchase of a new Cat 247B VS. Used. My dealer just called me and has a 2007 247B, Cab, Heat, AC, Quick coupler, Bucket, Deluxe Controls, Basically fully loaded. $38500.00 going to be 650 a month. Or I find used 247B's with all the same options for $27000-$30000 and the same monthly payment. This machine will Be 80% Snow and the rest is used in the summer running mowers tillers, moving hay, bark jobs, and brush and wild-land fire fuel reduction. Does that price sound good to you all?

2. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

i went to a auction monday that had a 287b orop 400hrs needed tracks(2000$) that sold for 21k

3. midwestsnowguy

midwestsnowguy Member
    from midwest

you never know howthat track on the machine was taken care of. parts add up quick and take some time to change out....but saving money isnt bad. i paid 55000.00 for my 267B with bucket, forks, harley rake, hydraulic disconnect, heat, cab door with wiper. so sounds like you gota good new price also

4. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

what model rake do you have? do you use it often? what did you give for it? new or used
    i've been wanting one to replace my LR-15

5. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Buy new, went through same thing last year. Same payment but new one has warrenty mine is in the shop right now pump failure(bolts sheared off). While it's in they are performing a recall/updates. I paid $40,500 spring of 06'

6. wakesetter2001

wakesetter2001 Member

I am picking it up Monday, Out the door price is 40,500 with 72" GP bucket, 48" pallet forks, and Erskine 8' snow pusher. I think I got a good deal.