1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cat 226b

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Sierrabarry, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Sierrabarry

Sierrabarry Junior Member

There is a local guy selling a CAT 226B skid loader. I only need something to stack snow with at this point. How do these smaller skid loaders handle the snow? Would I ever be able to put an 8' pusher on this machine or is it too small?

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I don't think you would push an 8'er very well.
  3. bry03

bry03 Junior Member

i think u would be unhappy with a 226 to stack snow with....
  4. Sierrabarry

Sierrabarry Junior Member

Thanks guys! I found a Bobcat 873 for sale that I am going to take look at. I'm actually a New Holland guy but I can't find any good deals on one. There is a L190 for sale that I was interested in until he mentioned it had 7,500 hours on it.
  5. fireside

fireside Senior Member

You will be fine running a 226. I have one it plows great i run a blizzard 810ss with no problems. I had a 8' pusher on it but i found it did not stack very well due to the fact pusher was so close to the machine. Just remember it almost weights as much as a truck mine is 6800 with the plow.