1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cat 226 radiator hose help

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by xtreem3d, Feb 2, 2015.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

Evening guys,
    I am using a friends Cat 226 for loading salt and am having problems with it starting when it's cold. I am wanting to cut into the lower hose and install a Katz heater. I am not familiar with Cat so I was hoping someone could tell me which hose on the "horizontal" mounted radiator was considered the lower hose. I see a hose going to what is probably the thermostat so I am guessing that's the upper but want to verify before I cut the hose. I am looking for a pic to post. Don't know the year but this rear door swings open to the right not the left.
    Thanks,
    Steve

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

The lower hose would goto the the bottom of the motor.
    Fyi, you might have a block heater already installed from factory. Cylinder head, all the way towards the firewall. Might just need to buy the cord.
    Or CAT sells a block heater kit.

3. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Not a good pic. But the lower hose is the hose that doesn't goto the tstat