1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cat 226 quick disconnect fitting question

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by rjm022, Dec 21, 2009.

1. rjm022

rjm022 Member

almost done building my plow- just about ready to have hoses made for the snow plow cylinders. what size male/female disconnect fittings do i need to attach to my cat 226? cant find any info on this in my parts book or maintenance manual-thanks.

2. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

If it has the flat face couplers on the machine side, you SHOULD need 1/2" pipe thread down to 1/4" for the plow side. I would probably get the couplers in hand though first to make sure.

3. rjm022

rjm022 Member

yes-it has the flat face couplers- thanks.

4. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

One more note:

Don't be afraid to make the hoses a little longer than you "think" you may need. I've torn the hoses apart a few times before learning this.

Also, you probably will need restrictors in the line as well as a cross over relief valve of some sort to play it safe. :salute:

5. rjm022

rjm022 Member

thanks. yeah i am having the hoses made longer than i "think' i need-just to be on the safe side.