1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Casualties of the Blizzard?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by derekbroerse, Mar 11, 2008.

1. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Well, we had almost 21" here which always takes its toll on equipment.

Lost the '94 Boss blade... literally. A $.69 safety pin holds the latch handle from being able to release, I guess it sheared off. I know it was there when I left the shop 30 mins earlier. Backed up the truck and the blade stayed in place. Promptly stopped but not before tearing the control wires off the connector. Dragged it home and swapped to the spare blade.

Did an emergency plow for an Auto parts store (where I have an account and deal with regularly) who's plow man dropped off the face of the planet apparantly. No one mentioned raised sewer grates until I almost ate the dashboard! Definately a time where a trip edge would be superior! Took a chunk out of a new cutting edge. Going to get paid today, they'd better pay for the cutting edge too.

'90 S15 puked it's coolant. Think the thermostat stuck (was tipped to it by the SPROOOOING sound that came from the intake when I poured some cold coolant into it) so I scrapped the tstat in favor of a new one. No problems since. Vaccuum line in the dash that controls the position of the heat output broke and is whistling a merry tune while driving. Annoying as hell but not stopping us.
  2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Not too much damage here, I backed into one of my guys bumper, no damage to his truck but mine is dented in a little. I almost went through a windshield.....I was desperate for another snow blower so I called a friend of mine who is the manager I guess of a local lawn and garden center. He had one left (Areins 8.5hp 26") but it was Sunday and they were closed but he said if we can plow him out he would meet us there, (THANK YOU !!!LARRY from Miller Bro's). I was riding shot gun and no seat belt and we hit a tiny edge of something and holy crap! my head just grazed the head liner into the windsheild. Other than that, just the usual headaches.
  3. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

SNOW armagedon

Got 33" wed-sun, damaged door on dually plus both saddlebags, smashed window on hoe with frozen fuel line 2 storms in a row, clutch blown on cherokee, 97F350 keeps stalling prob needs batt/alt, 97 f350 lost/seized rear brakes, broken hyd hose and cylinders on hi dump bucket, 05 F350 plow losing hyd fluid and lots of property damage plus car accident, broken snowblower, Bobcat threw a rear tire and shredded another tire 4 hrs later, another bobcat w/elect problems a 3rd bobcat down for 5 hrs :help: Whatta winter 165" so far and more tonite. Streets are down to 1 lane, snowbanks 8' off both curbs 6' high.:eek:
  4. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

the 95 f-250 diesel developed a power steering leak, every 3 hrs i had to fill the resivore. that's it for casulties for me. later, pete