1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cash Money

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by JAYDIDDY, Jan 2, 2006.

JAYDIDDY Junior Member

Hi I Just Started Plowing This Year. I Have About 14 Contracts And Some Oods And Ends. So Far I Cleard $1100 AFTER Paying For Salt And My Help Plush Gas. I Live In Ohio Not In The Snow Belt. Do U Think $11oo Is Good Or Bad For My First Year In Buniess:
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2006

DOGHOUSE Member
    from Alaska

Did You Mean First Year Or First Month? My First Week As A Business I Cleared $1900 Over Expenses And Taxes And So Forth.

Good Luck

JAYDIDDY Junior Member

Well I Me Nt Thats How Much I Made So Far. Im Sure Alaska Gets A Little Bit More Snow Then Ohio
  4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

How many hours did it take to earn that $1100? What were your other fixed and fluctuating expenses? Wear and tear on equipment? Insurance? Saying you have 14 (about? you should know EXACTLY how many) accounts is really meaningless. That might be 14 small driveways or 14 mega-malls/industrial parks.
  5. lorentzlawnsnow

lorentzlawnsnow Senior Member

my net so far this year is around $4500 with a 4-5 hour route and 1 truck
  6. drplow

drplow Senior Member

starting out, what you think you are worth is what you should make. as for myself, i would think that much money (1100) was for showing up to their house to give them the estimate and signing the contract. meaning that if i never plow for any of them, i would feel that i broke even. you guys must get next to nil for snow.
  7. jimslawns

jimslawns Junior Member
    from Mid MO

Need more info...

So far... 1- 2" snow....here

8. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

U make $4500 in one 2" snowfall??? :eek:

In just SIX hours???? :eek:

Care to let me know how to find suckers like those?

Or, do you have 10 trucks and heavy equip doing huge lots?
  9. me1223

me1223 Member

how may trucks are you running to make that kinda cash?
  10. drplow

drplow Senior Member

he probably meant 450.00. if not, I'm moving there for winter.