1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cash Advance for Gas Money

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by GesnerLawn, Feb 20, 2003.

1. GesnerLawn

GesnerLawn Senior Member

After the blizzard, I got a call from a guy who saw my add and wanted me to plow half of his driveway. The guy he was using sounds like a real piece of work. He needed a $10 cash advance to buy gas for his truck before plowing the guys business lot. His plow only angles one way, and he burned out his clutch doing the driveway to the guys house, leaving a pile in the middle (didn't even shovel it).

I declined the bid, even though the lot would have been nice since it's right on my route. I figured I don't want to work for anyone who would hire someone like this!

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Actually, I like those. When they balk at your price, just point to what they get "on the cheap". Plus, he's not even there now.

3. GesnerLawn

GesnerLawn Senior Member

Good point, but the customer sounded like a jerk on the phone too. Besides, his business lot is kind of crappy and the driveway is 1/2 inch crushed granite.

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Then I'd say you were in the right - don't even bother. Consider it one headache less.