1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Case W8 Wheel Loader $4500

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by donleybrent, Dec 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donleybrent

donleybrent Member

This is an old case wheel loader that was just used to move crap around the shop. Has 2800 hrs on it. It has a cab but it will need three new windows if you want. It has three brand new tires on it and the fourth has great tread but has some cracking. The hydraulics work great and are quick. It has a four speed trans that works flawless. It has a 6cyl gas motor. I dont know the horse power. It runs and operates great. The head was cracked so we pulled it in the shop today to put a new one on it. Should be done by the end of next weak, depending on how long it takes to get the head or get it fixed. Brakes work but one line leaks out by the wheel. Asking $4500 when its fixed.

2011-12-29_16-52-26_889.jpg

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Looks like a great salt loader

3. donleybrent

donleybrent Member

Got the head yesterday but the new valves and crap dont come in until Thursday.

4. HEStufrthnnails

HEStufrthnnails Senior Member

That is so cool! I grew up running a little W7. It was a diesel is the only difference. Great little machines. I wish I had the spare 4500 laying around.

5. HEStufrthnnails

HEStufrthnnails Senior Member

Does it have any kind of heat? We had a reverse fan on ours.Sure gets hot in the summer.Lol

6. donleybrent

donleybrent Member

It has no heat but for around $130 in heater hose, a small 12v fan, and a heater core out of a truck it could.lol It really is a cool old loader. My brother wants to paint it all up and use it for parades.

7. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I have an old Cat 921 loader. I just painted it up this summer and it's looking nice enough to put in parades, but I actually use it to push snow with every storm. I would love to have the spare cash to buy this and use it as a salt loader. If it would just snow!!!!!!!!!!

8. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

If it was snowing at all I'd buy that!

9. donleybrent

donleybrent Member

Yeah other than the glass which the glas company told me $315 to install new glass, you could very easily push snow with this thing. I just dont because I have a bunch of other newer stuff I use.

10. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

Is it 4x4? Have you ever tryed to put a pusher on it if so what size

Thanks

11. rscritch

rscritch Junior Member

pm sent, also any idea what it weighs?

12. donleybrent

donleybrent Member

It is 4x4 but it is selectable so you can also run it in 2wd. It really is a cool old loader. I have never put a pusher on it but it would push a 14 footer. It has good power with the 4 speed trans and I would think you could push in 3rd gear so the speed would be good as well. The thing wieghs between 14 or 16,000lbs. I dont remember for sure what the wiegh ticket was when we wieghed it but it was 7.? ton. All this talk about pushing with it is making me wanna have the glass put in it and try it out.

13. donleybrent

donleybrent Member

Ok so today I started putting some plexy windows in it and worked on the lights. It now has 4 working front lights and two rear lights. Also got the wiper motor working but there is no arm on it. I will get one on it soon. While I was working on the wires for the lights I found that it indeed has a heater. Have not yet tried to get that working but should just need a new switch as I cant get it to pull out. If we get some snow I will put my 12ft box on it and let you guys know how it does.

14. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Selectable 4x4? That's awesome! Oh how I wish the F/A had that. Would be sweeeet for road transport.

How is the 4 speed trans? Is it clutched like some of the rugged terrain forklifts? I bet it moves pretty quick in 4th.

15. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I am betting a 12 foot box is all that it will handle. My Cat is almost the same setup. Selectable 4 wheel drive, 15,900 pounds, but I have a 90 horse diesel, and only a 2 speed tranny, but 12 foot is the limit unless the snow is either very dry or it's not deep.

16. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Have any more pics?

17. rscritch

rscritch Junior Member

is this still available?

18. donleybrent

donleybrent Member

Yeah I still have it.

19. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Since you have other machines, do you have a way to move it? Could you get it to Warren? Thanks

20. donleybrent

donleybrent Member

Sure do have a way to move it. It would be no problem getting it to Warren. All BS asside I would do $4000 delivered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.