1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

case tractors

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by MIDTOWNPC, Nov 9, 2010.

1. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

Im interested in hearing about any experience with Case Tractors... 5130 5140 5230 5240
    I know squat... looked on tractor house and have been reading but dont know about all the different types of transmissions that are out there with tractors.
    Powershift - can anyone explain that?
    10ft blade with box ends? or wings that move out like the horst blade?
    pusher?

what to look for, what to stay away from.

I would like to buy something to help in the big heavy storms if needed but also allow me to expand next year.

I have to start somewhere and I want dont want to lay out 75 grand or be on the hook for 75 grand worth of payments for something new or newer

2. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Give me a call. I have owned one of at least each model you listed. I would be happy to discuss the benefits and postives of each one and the upgrades as the years past by. To post all the info here would take a couple of days. 416 458 3300. Doug

BTW for the most part they were good machines. with few problems.

3. MIDTOWNPC

I will give you a call later today. Thanks very much Doug

4. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Sounds good. anytime between 1pm and 5pm would fine.

5. MIDTOWNPC

Thanks Doug for your quick chat. Its nice to hear some first hand experience. I will do my homework and post back some things.

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

We've owned about a bunch of them also, good tractors but very weak front ends. An MX120 is the newer series and is exactly the same except for the cab which is alot nicer. They have a 5.9 Cummins in them so you should like those tractors Dean.

7. MIDTOWNPC

the cummins 5.9 is one of the selling points. I know that engine is capable of many many hours. maybe my truck can be born again as a tractor. lol

I have even found a blade for it, if I decide to go for it. the blade is $2000 and its a viking poly with all the mounts for that tractor. ideally its not a box plow but I am sure I could get someone to make me an endplate. the tractor im looking at has 6 remotes. it has spent its life doing hay. there is no loader. the price is very attractive but I swear I just finished saying I wasnt buying anything this year as I was in cash harvest mode

its not something that I need this season but it is something that im considering buying to help in the large snow falls and get me home earlier. I may wait till Jan 2011.

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I think I have a harness for that tractor, that I'll sell very cheap. I will also give it to you to try to make sure it works before you pay for it. Let me know if you get it.