1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

case sr 200

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by brianbrich1, Mar 3, 2014.

1. brianbrich1

brianbrich1 PlowSite.com Addict

Looking into purchasing. Pros and cons? Its pretty much loaded with all the bells and whistles.

2. eludemann

eludemann Member

I have a sv 185. It is a well built machine. Make sure all the EH updates are done. Starts good in the cold, but ours is plugged in 24/7.
    Be careful with the heated seat, it'll burn you out!

3. brianbrich1

Updates???

4. eludemann

eludemann Member

The controls are adjustable for sensitivity. The original settings weren't very user friendly. The service department connects their computer to it and updates the software. Mine is a 2011 model, so when I bought it used, the previous owner didn't have that done. The dealer hooked it up, and made the controls easier to work with in how sensitive the controls are to your touch.

5. brianbrich1

It is a friends machine and giving it a trial run later this week. He has mostly all case machines and I've only had new holland. He swears by them. I will ask if updates were done as it is a 2012 model

6. durallymax

durallymax Senior Member

The new CNH machines have had a lot of issues, haven't paid attention to if they have resolved them entirely yet or not.

I would run it for awhile too to see if you like it. The L220 we had wasn't well liked by any of us and we were diehard NH until that thing.

7. brianbrich1

New as in 2013/14? New as in new emission compliant?

8. durallymax

durallymax Senior Member

No new as in the L200/Case Alpha series when they came out and the last couple years as well. Continually having issues it seems. They got a lot of them straightened out but now the new emissions will be going on them and the cycle may repeat.