1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

case running cold.

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by rob_cook2001, Nov 18, 2014.

1. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Hopefully someone can help.. I recently purchased a case 721c loader. We have pushed with it a few times and it runs great but the engine doesn't warm up. It had been cold, 0-10 below but even running it for 8 hours the temperature gauge barley comes up and the heater blows luke warm air.. I was thinking a new thermostat but figured someone here might have other thoughts.
    Thankyou
    Robert.

2. MK97

MK97 PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like a failed thermostat. Likely stuck open so it can't build any heat.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Yea I'll say tstat, but gotta add, is it full of coolant?

4. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

You might have to block off part of the radiator as well. I have an old Michigan loader that I have to block off a little over half the radiator or Ihave the same problem.

5. rob_cook2001

It is full of coolant.. I blocked about 1/3 of the radiator and it helped, but not much.

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

The upper radiator hose get real hot?

7. MK97

MK97 PlowSite.com Addict

Likely thermostat then.

Or it's completely screwed up, best to get rid of it. I'll come down and take it off your hands, wont even charge you for hauling it away, lol.

8. rob_cook2001

Haha, hard to pass up that offer..