1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Case Backhoe Loader Controls

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by gmcsierra1500, Feb 7, 2011.

1. gmcsierra1500

gmcsierra1500 Senior Member
    from CT

Ive been playing around with the idea of buying a used backhoe for doing pushbacks and to use for landscape work as opposed to buying a mini excavator come spring. I have been looking for Deere 310 but not finding many around here. Today I came across a case 580L 4x4 enclosed cab/heat, dont know about AC, Extendahoe with 750 Hours for 26K OBO, seems like a pretty good deal to me compared to other machines in this price range.
    My only question is the front loader control was like nothing I had ever seen before, it almost looked like your hand would fit into it and it could swivel around. Anyone seen this before? I tried the case website and looked at other used machines and havent seen a control like it.

2. gmcsierra1500

from CT

Finally figured out that the machine is setup to run a clam shell bucket thats why the controls are setup that way. anyone have any input on the price if its a good deal or not? Thanks

3. 2005_Sierra

2005_Sierra Senior Member

what type of controls are there for the hoe?

4. gmcsierra1500

from CT

Its a 2 stick

5. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

sounds like a clamshell control stick do you have aux lines to the front? if you do then that is what it is and almost looks like a pistal grip.