1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Case 621b???

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Ne1, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

Does anyone have any experience using these units to push snow. I'm looking for the pros and cons. I would be putting a 14' pusher on it.

2. 2005_Sierra

2005_Sierra Senior Member

what year is the machine?

3. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

It's a 1995 with 7200 hrs.

4. 2005_Sierra

2005_Sierra Senior Member

i imagine it would push pretty well, this is based off of how we run a 89 or 90 that will push our 16 footer in first quite well...hope that helps

5. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

thanks for your reply

6. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

The 621 B series is a very good old machine provided you know a little about them. The bigger tires (20.5's) make a big difference and if you want to load them up for more grunt. The hydralics on that model can be a little slower then a Deere or a Cat of the same vintage but be mindful; the Case has the most breakout force. So it will and can do some damage. I have scene a 621B tear an Avalanche snow pusher into 2 parts. This was at the time (2005) a new pusher with the steel trip edge. So I guess if I have one thing to say do not equate the speed of the hydralics with power when it comes to this model. The ones we used to own pushed 14 ft like butter. Good luck.

7. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

This damage to the Avalanche happenned when stacking a pile of snow...not operator abuse. I saw it with my own eyes. Couldn't believe it at the time.