1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

case 621?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by snowman55, Aug 27, 2010.

1. snowman55

snowman55 PlowSite.com Addict

done searches but found little info on case 621 I am looking for a loader that will handle a 14-16' pusher and 3 yd bucket. these seem to be much cheaper than deere or cat. I am a believer in "you get what you pay for" but it will be a snow only machine. found a 2006 with 2000 hrs for $59000 a deere544 is like an extra $10,000. so who runs a case and what don't you like?

2. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

pm Buckwheat... I'm pretty sure he runs cases

3. GMC Driver

GMC Driver Senior Member

We ran one last year - worked well. Ran a 16' Protech on it.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mVxHkoBOVSk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mVxHkoBOVSk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

4. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

i don't own a case loader, but i know many guys that do, and i have used them before, good machines, i don't know of any adverse things about them. Found it comfortable and sturdy, a 3-4 yard bucket on it and a 16 foot snow push are no problems for it that is for sure. Stay away from the older case stuff though the old "W" series where your cab sits on the front part of the articulating joint, they are usable, but i found they don't feel nearly as steady as the ones where you cab is on the back part.

5. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I know there is some on here that runs like 2 or 3 of them.

I agree sitting on the front of the articulation takes alot of getting used to feel much better sitting on the back .
    I think that the 621 is a good size machine to do most any job .

6. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

You will be just fine with that machine pushing snow I wouldnt put it in a rock quarry but for snow It will be fine, they are a little lighter than others in that class though.

7. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

PM DellDoug. He runs Case loaders.

8. onsight

onsight Senior Member

I have a 621 with a 14' protechand it works great. I wouldn't hesitate to pick up another one if necessary.

9. Grass Master

Grass Master Banned

We run a 2003 621 with a 14 foot Arctic Snow and Ice. I'm not sure I would put anything bigger on a 621.

10. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

My brother runs two 621's, a '94 and an '05.

I don't get to use them with the pushers very often, but I do stack & relocate with them a few times through the winter. No real issues or complaints about either of them come to mind.

DSC00054R.jpg

11. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

We have many 621's they are very nice machines and we have had no problems. In the past we owned 544's and they were good but developed head gasket issues and the Cat IT28's will overheat on a warm day and heavy wet snow but all the loaders did there jobs without any problems. The reason that 621 is a little cheaper is that (and correct me if I am wrong) That was the last year of the D seriers. The E series came out in 2007. The updated machine made the D seriers a little bit cheaper. The D we have works well and we use it with a 14 ft horst pusher. The rest of our 621's are E series. Good luck with the purchase.

12. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

In the past ive used a 721 with a 20' box and had zero problems......plowing machine !

13. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

I have run some Case loaders, and liked the way they performed. I have never owned one so I can't comment from an ownership perspective. I would not hesitate to buy one if the price was right...except for one reason. My local dealer has done some things that helped me to decide to NEVER do business with them again. I do, however own a 544J. I am happy with this machine. Mine is an '04 unit that I bought used last fall. It only had 1,000 hours on it. I did pay more than the $59k, you mentioned, but not much. I can look at that machine (looks like it's brand new), think about what I paid for it, and chuckle. I'm not trying to talk you out of a 621. If you look around you could probably find a good value on most any brand. The Cats seem to be the most expensive, from what I have seen. When I bought mine they wanted $15k more for a 2,500 hour machine. Just make sure you consider dealer support too.