1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Case 570 Who has used them for Snow

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by bubbatt1, Jan 8, 2010.

1. bubbatt1

bubbatt1 Junior Member

I am looking at buying a Case 570. It is a Backhoe Chassis with a rear 3 pt, instead of a hoe. Has anyone ever used them for pushing and pulling snow? And what else are they good for? Please help!:help:

2. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

It is called a skiploader, Is it 2wd or 4wd?? Does it have the box scraper on the back?
    Robert

3. bubbatt1

bubbatt1 Junior Member

4wd and yes has a 7 ft back blade with down pressure

4. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

I've done snow work with a 580 Super K, was an older machine but did a great job!!!!

5. bubbatt1

bubbatt1 Junior Member

The 580 I think has a hoe correct? This unit has a 7ft box blade with down pressure. But the chassis is a backhoe 580 from what I am told at AIS equipment.

6. rob_cook2001

Sounds right to me. I think it would work find with a 10ft or maybe even a 12ft box. If it was mine I would go with a 10ft box and push some snow :}
    You won't have that hoe hanging off the back either.
    Robert

7. bubbatt1

bubbatt1 Junior Member

Yah that's my thought too. No hoe what's better than that. Yah I was was looking at 10 footers also. What do you guys think about the pushers with back drag option on the top.

8. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

Don't expect the 570 to push like a 580. I guess you could say that it's an advantage to not have the backhoe "hanging off the back" but it has a drawback as well. That hoe is heavy. The reduced weight means you won't be able to push as much snow. Delldoug is using them for support machines (in conjunction with big pusher machines) on commercial lots so he may be able to comment. Not sure if he has any attachments other than OEM.

9. rob_cook2001

I agree the 570 will not push as well as a 580. I just feel it would be a little more maneuverable, If I was to buy a machine it would be a hoe but if he is getting a good deal on the 570 or has no need for a hoe it should work fine.
    Robert

10. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

the 570 was called thier "tool carrier" at one time. add some weight to the back, and it'll work just fine

11. bubbatt1

bubbatt1 Junior Member

Thats what I think too! Machine weighs with just backblade and front bucket almost 14000#.
    Should be able to move alot of snow. I dont do mall parking lots or Walmarts. I mostly do small commercials and residentials. This machine will focus mostly on a condo complex and a set of storage units down the road. Plus I will be able to push up my own banks of snow. Won't have to hire a contractor no more! Plus a good landscape tractor in the summer! What else are guys using them for, with that setup of the back blade?

12. xbl003x

xbl003x Member
    from PA

13. lawnkale

lawnkale Senior Member
    from Indiana

i had a 570 case and put a 12 push box on front and a 10 blade in rear. The problem i found is without the hoe on back it need counterweight. I filled the tires with calcium. The other problem is with a push box full of snow it wouldnt steer very well. If i were to do it again i would look for a 10 12 foot plow.

tons of pushing power

14. bubbatt1

bubbatt1 Junior Member

10 or 12 what.

15. lawnkale

lawnkale Senior Member
    from Indiana

10 foot or 12 foot plow instead snow pusher

16. xbl003x

xbl003x Member
    from PA

I have run both and I prefer the Deere, hands down!