1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Case 1840 sheers mounting bolts???

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by buckwheat_la, Dec 5, 2011.

1. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

our Case 1840 has been a great little machine, however we have always had one major problem with it, the damn mounting bolts on the tandem pump sheer off every couple of months. We have replaced everything, bushings, splines, etc and it still does it, anyone have any suggestions?

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like it's time to move onto bolts and leave the pins in the toolbox.

3. crete5245

crete5245 Member

Not 100% postive but I think those bolts are tapered... that are not just any bolt that you buy at the harware store. I have my 1840 parts book here at work, at lunch I will look them up and let you know if they are tapered.. Itf they are I will post the case number ..

4. rancherman84

rancherman84 Senior Member

is the mount on the end of the pump broken?

5. buckwheat_la

the mount is still there at the end of the pump. Curious about the tapered bolts. otherwise i am out of ideas

6. buckwheat_la

so we have everything checked out, with the exception of the pump face. However someone has suggested that we could put a small tack weld on the pump to the mounting plate, we are going to give it a try because at this point i am at a loss

7. rancherman84

rancherman84 Senior Member

engine mounts? maybe they are so worn out the pump bolts cant take the abuse?