1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cartridge valves ????

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by macawpat, Nov 22, 2008.

1. macawpat

macawpat Member

I would like to remove and clean cartridge valves from an older western conventional cable unit. I checked the western website and it shows a schematic of my unit but only shows cushion valves. Are they they the same thing or can someone tell me where the cartridge valves are located thanks.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

There are no cartridge valves in a cable controlled western.

3. macawpat

macawpat Member

Well my unit has a 4 way valve and I was told to try cleaning the 2 valves due to an angling problem. Are they refering to the cushion valves?

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What the issue your trying to solve?

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Basher,
    He has 2 threads going dealing with the same problem of trying to get the balde to angle correctly, goes all the way left but cant get it back to the right after making several adjustments, Think hes making it harder than needed.

Macawpat,
    Go back to your mechanics guide and find the page for adjustment of the 4-way. Disconnect the cable and see that the travel of the link arm is correct and that the blade angles both left and right as it should with the cable disconnected.