1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Carton 17089 and 94 Chevy K2500 Mounting Trouble

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by valleyviewlawns, Oct 29, 2012.

1. valleyviewlawns

valleyviewlawns Member
    from Montana

I just bought a used Meyer plow for my truck(94 Chevy K2500), it uses carton 17089. While mounting the clevis frame to my truck I noticed that the lower mounting holes on the RH strap would not line up to the clevis frame itself. The LH strap was off about a 1/4 hole, but the RH strap is close to 2 inches off. I tried both of the highest mounting holes on the truck frame and it didn't make much difference. Nothing looks bent except for the holes that the A-frame mounts to, and that is just a slight bend on the RH side, nothing I couldn't straighten with a chain and a tree.:mechanic: Is there something I am missing? I would think the clevis frame would be twisted pretty bad to be off 2 inches. Can I just re-drill the lower hole on the RH strap?

Thank you,

Jason

2. Murphy4570

Murphy4570 Member

Something is bent of course.

Make it fit. I'd redrill if there's enough steel around the new bolt hole location, sure.

Just make sure it sits level with the frame of the truck, don't want to install it then find out everything is crooked!

3. valleyviewlawns

valleyviewlawns Member
    from Montana

I pulled it out straight with the winch on my other truck, used a pencil and marked the new hole to be drilled. Nothing looks bent enough to be off that much so I redrilled the strap. Looks good, level, and straight. I did see a bulletin that the 94 model had a little bit different front end, so that may explain some of it. Being new to this I wasn't sure if redrilling the strap would be a cardinal sin or not, so thanks for the encouragement!