1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cart Coralls

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NEWLAWNS, Dec 19, 2007.

1. NEWLAWNS

NEWLAWNS Junior Member

What are you guys using to do your shopping cart corrals? We push the snow through with the ATV on the singles and back drag the doubles with the ATV. Then we come back later and snowblow them with our little Toros.

Anything to make this faster would be nice.

2. m00nraker

m00nraker Member

I was watching the guys do a local strip mall the other day, they just had 3 guys drag it out of the way to an area they already cleared, cleaned up where it was, and just pushed it back

3. NEWLAWNS

NEWLAWNS Junior Member

Hey....I like that idea. They do move easy. A great job for the ATV when it's not doing sidewalks.

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

They are pretty easy to move. I used to be a cart attendant at a local target. The company that used to plow it just took there loader pusher and genitally pushed them out of the way with that. Never hurt them one bit. The driver was also pretty experienced in what he did. If you get the pusher down low on them you wont hurt them if you are genital. If they have carts in them leave em.

5. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

Yep, move them with the trucks. then put them back later. Now stray carts they are not treated so gentle! :angry:

6. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

I have no idea how reproductive organs has anything to do with this thread. :D

7. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

Then I guess you don't know how to plow!

8. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

In reference to this, I had no idea it was sexual. Someone has a dirty mind tonight. HAHA! funniest thing I read all night.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
  9. tman3007

tman3007 Senior Member

Yeah, I kinda picked up on that one too!!! It's always nice to get the genitals involved when working.

10. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

haha, that caught my eye also. what i dont want to know is why he accidentally typed that instead.

oh and for the cart corrals, I just push them with the plow into a clean section and then push them back when im done. Just be careful, some are built better than others, one lot I do we just leave the snow in them because they are way to fragile to move.

11. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

ROFLMAO
    I needed that!

12. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Totally didn't intend on that.

13. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Too Funny !!!!!

14. Runner

Runner Senior Member

To genitally push them.......It DOES sound pretty painful! "Somebody get some warm water! I'm stuck!" :eek: :help: :D

15. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

We know you didn't mean to, but still.... man I laughed hard when I thought about it how Runner put it!:D

Thats good stuff!

16. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

At the Wal mart that I service we dont worry about the cart corrals. The Walmart cart monkeys take care of it. Same as sidewalk, its up to Walmart.

17. dirtmovr

dirtmovr Junior Member

Typically leave the snow in them. Several years ago, when I was in Lincoln managing a snow removal business, we had a couple new guys that were familiar with plowing. One guy was in a walmart lot when he was going to push the corral with his truck ( like he did at his last job). Great idea except these corals were bolted to the parking lot, you can imagine what the coral looked like. It was repairable though. Some people make you wonder.

18. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

"While SERVICING the parking lot, I genitally pushed them out of the way with my 7' 6" Steel Blade."

Sorry, but I had to piece together a bunch of statements to make that.

I was LOL when reading above.:)