1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Carrying chain

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by killed300ex, Jan 25, 2006.

carrying chain

1. yes

5 vote(s)
  2. no

9 vote(s)
  3. sometimes

5 vote(s)
  1. killed300ex

killed300ex Senior Member

Wondering who uses it? I dont wondering if i should start to.
  2. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Depends on how far you're going. on route- between houses I don't use it. But if I'm driving to my day job with the blade still on, or going shopping, anywhere I'm driving more than a mile or 2 and not to a customers the chain's on. It saves the hydraulic system wear from load shock (the plow bouncing), usually it cuts down on the amount of bounce the front end has (letting the blade stay at rest when the truck hits a bump instead of bouncing the 1Klbs of plow with the truck) and acts as a safety incase the lift chain fails.
  3. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

Always, when not plowing, if travelling more than a few miles. Did it with the old hydralic systems and just carried the habit over!