1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

carpet moisture problem!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by cward05, Nov 27, 2004.

1. cward05

cward05 Senior Member
    from CT

Hello, I have an 83 chevy k10 with an absurd moisture problem. I have clear mats now from walmart, and I replaced the old ones because they had mold on them. If I close the windows or even leave them open and leave the truck overnight, moisture builds up underneath the mats and the carpet is wet and you can even see lots of condensation on the mats. What could be causing this, and is there anyway to fix this as it is probably not healthy in terms of mold in the carpet (just had it shampood because it stunk!) Thanks.

2. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

Water is getting into cab somehow through either bottom or through cowling and dripping down inside and getting into carpet. You need to stop the water source here.

3. cward05

cward05 Senior Member
    from CT

When you mean the cowling, you mean the mesh next to the windshield wipers right? It does this even in dry weather though which I find kind of odd. The only hole I know of is in the firewall, a quarter size hole that the plow wires comes through. Should I try to plug it up somehow as I'm thinking maybe condensation comes through there. Thanks.

4. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

Check everything as there is some water getting in somewhere for sure.