1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Carolinas to get up 2 10"

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kipcom, Feb 26, 2004.

1. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

NWS has most of the carolinas under a Winter storm warning..any one plowing c??????

2. westbrooklawn

westbrooklawn Member

Sitting here waiting to go. The storm has tracked further east and south of where it was predicted. 5-8" already in Fayettville and up through Goldsboro. It is just starting to snow here in Durham, and the forecasters don't seem to know what it is going to do. I would sure LOVE to see about 8"!!!!!

3. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

Look at the snow they are getting in GA !

WEST........I used to live in Cary NC....Sure miss the REAL
    BBQ ! I think in the time I lived there it snowed twice!
    Raleigh and Cary were paralized for 2 days...LOL........geo

4. westbrooklawn

westbrooklawn Member

Sonjaab - I used to live in upstate NY, and there isn't much I miss about it at all.....lol!!!

We have been getting a lot more snow here the last couple of years, and I finally got a plow setup this year to add to my part time lawn maintenance business. I did real well with a 4" snow/ice/freezing rain event we had in late January, and was really looking forward to this one.........so far it has fizzled out, but there is a chance it will regenerate tonight.......hope so!!

I'll think of you when I eat that great NC bbq....

5. Newnamlawn

Newnamlawn Junior Member

we are ready to start, we have about 2" on the ground but nothing on the roads yet. The majority of the snow is getting ready to hit. Hopefully we will start plowing around 3am

6. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

I hope you guys make a bunch of money, however, what in the hell is going on with the weather this year? Texas and the Carolina's get more snow than Ohio? I'm confused.:confused:

7. UpstateDzlGuy

UpstateDzlGuy Senior Member

It's supposed to be in the mid 40's here this weekend with a lot of sun. I don't get it, but then again I can't control it so I will just enjoy it, Chris

8. DuallyVette

DuallyVette Member

I've got 12" of snow on the ground now (Charlotte NC) 16" less than 30 miles south of here. Still snowing. 34 degree high tomorrow, 55 degree high on Saturday. I better plow fast before it melts.