1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cargo Lamps

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Lux Lawn, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Can anyone let me know where to get amber bulbs that I can use in my 2008 Chevy. I want to replace the factory bulbs and put something in that will flash.

Will the run right off the cargo lamp switch this way, or is there something else I would need to do?
  2. Lux Lawn

Can anyone help me with this?
  3. M1N1TRK

M1N1TRK Member

If you hit the search button at the top of the page and put the info you are looking for it will bring up a dozen threads on this same topic and alot of them will tell you step by step on how to do it.

Sorry to be an a$$ but this subject gets brought up at least once a week spend a few minutes and do some reading
  4. Lux Lawn

I did do a search, didn't find exactly what I was looking for. Thats why I started this thread. I have been around these forums for a lot longer then you, I know how to use them.

So sorry...but you are being an a.ss.

FOX-SNO-REMOVAL Senior Member

You could probably get regular amber bulbs at an auto parts store and then put in a flasher like a wigwag kit or somthing hooked up to the cargo light switch in the cab!
    I think that is what your trying do?
    Or you can always just go amber strobes or led's
  6. Lux Lawn

I am thinking of the strobes or led's.
    I am having a the strobes put into the front & rear.
  7. M1N1TRK

M1N1TRK Member

I will chime in here again

If you are just looking to replace the bulb in the cargo light with an amber one that blinks then you will need to install a flasher unit that AW Direct sells for like 30 bucks. You can try to find a strobe bulb that would be a plug and play to your style of light but most of them require a huge amount of amperage to work which is something that the cargo light will not support and you would not be able to run it.

If you are looking to put an led or strobe light that is powered by a whelen unit for example then this is the link i found when i did a search on this web site

There are step by step directions and pictures to help along the way

Good Luck
  8. Lux Lawn

I did see this thread here.
    Thanks for the info on AW Direct. They seem to have some decent stuff.
  9. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

i can help you do what you want......e-mail me....